Fitness and Gym Interval Timer Training
Need a HIIT timer? A Tabata timer? Are you circuit training? The free TM-Timer app will make fitness interval timing possible on a single TimeMachines display, or throughout your network of displays! The unique thing about TimeMachines' displays is that they are synchronized network clocks. Because these devices are linked through your network, you can also set them up to be used as synchronized fitness timers as well. This way if you have multiple displays in a large area, the timer program that you create can be set up to be run simultaneously on any or all of them.
If you haven't downloaded the TM-Timer application to your smart device, general information on where to get the app, as well as the operation manual can be found here: TM-Timer. If you've already downloaded the application, but aren't sure where to begin, take a look at the Network Timer Clock application page to get familiar with the settings and functions of this application.
Now that you've downloaded the application and gotten some background information on the controls and functionality, lets get started on an example program that you can use for your fitness training!
This example is the first slot in your TM-Timer program list by default. You may edit or change it as needed, but lets take a look at how the program was created and what it actually does.
In looking at the steps of this program on the main screen, it is easy to see that there is a 60 second interval countdown, followed by a 15 second interval countdown as a rest period. These two countdown steps are repeated four times and the program ends. Lets dig in to the setting of each of these steps to see how this actually looks on the displays.
Step 1: Interval CountDown - 60 seconds ON
Notes on Step 1 Settings:
- CountDown Interval is marked to be incremented when this segment of the program begins.
- The time period for this interval is 1 minute.
- The alarm/relay is set to be triggered for 3 seconds at the start of this ON interval.
Step 2: Interval CountDown - 15 seconds REST
Notes on Step 2 Settings:
- CountDown Interval is not marked to be incremented when this segment of the program begins.
- The time period for this interval is 15 seconds.
- The alarm/relay is set to be triggered for 3 seconds at the start of this REST interval.
Step 3: GoTo - Repeat Steps 1 and 2 four times
Notes on Step 3 Settings:
- A GoTo step indicates that a single step, or a sequence of steps are scheduled to be repeated.
- Upon reaching this step, return to Step 1 and repeat sequence of Step 1 and Step 2.
- Repeat cycle repeats four times.